12 5 / 2013
"The odd thing about this life is that you spend half your time trying to get people to listen to you and the rest of the time trying to get them to leave you the fuck alone."
13 4 / 2013
Fey & Poehler on Hosting the 2013 Golden Globes
- 1: What is your hosting "strategy"? And how will it be different from Ricky [Gervais's]?
- 2: What might be exciting for us as a comedy pairing is, I feel--and forgive me, Amy, if I'm speaking for you--but I feel like we're both JUST, JUST old enough that we don't really give a s--- anymore.
- 3: I will tell you that the good news is, both personally and professionally, I have a large case of the f--- its right now. And it's the perfect time to host something of this magnitude.
13 4 / 2013
"It’s an actor’s life—you wait like a dog for the next bone."
09 3 / 2013
Ben Affleck & Tony Mendez Q&A on "Argo"
- 1: Tony, the fake-movie-crew cover was so far-fetched and crazy. Was it frustrating for you to do something so miraculous and not be able to get any credit for it because it was classified?
- 2: It's part of the job. We used to say if we weren't doing this we'd be robbing banks. You end up with a twisted point of view. You feel more powerful sitting there remembering what you've done and not sharing it.
- 1: I don't know. I'd want the world to know what I did.
- 3: I'm with you! You're in the press, and I'm in Hollywood. We take credit any time we can!
01 3 / 2013
Suburgatory - "Leaving Chatswin"
- 1: Damn this perfect body! Life would be so much simpler if I were soft and misshapen like you Lisa.
- 2: The Lord has given you a gift. You have a perfect body. That's your cross to bear. Mine's that I'm a lady in the street and freak in the bed.
22 2 / 2013
"Oh Anne, you’re too beautiful to be funny. It’s not your fault. You’ve never had to compensate for anything. The rest of you ugly nerds need to give me some jokes stat!"
23 1 / 2013
"I know I’m not the best actor, but I hope my characters are getting better."